Crash inquest to start

THE coronial inquest into the deaths of two Healesville paramedics on the Black Spur last year is scheduled to start next week.
A spokesman for the Melbourne Coroners’ Court said the inquest would start on Monday, 28 November and was expected to run for five days.
Robert Bland and Phillip Oakley were killed on 2 January last year after crashing in their ambulance on a bend on the Black Spur.
Ambulance Employees Australia’s (AEA) general secretary, Steve McGhie, said he hoped issues of ambulance driver training, vehicle safety, and mechanical faults would be addressed during the inquest.
Metropolitan Ambulance Service (MAS) media adviser James Howe said the MAS was looking forward to having the matter dealt with through the Coroners’ Court.